Where can I purchase FSi Firestopping products?
FSi are manufacturers of Fire Stopping products from our manufacturing plant in Measham, Central UK. FSi have a distribution hub based in West London, FSS (www.firesafeandsound.com) where we supply our products into the UK market place.
We also have distributors and agents throughout Europe and Worldwide. Please see our Distribution Page for details that may cover your specific area.
Can FSi offer certification on installations or training on their products?
FSi are not a certification body, though our products are independently certified. Independent installation certification schemes exist in the market place who are UKAS approved such as Warrington FIRAS scheme.
FSi are able to offer bespoke FSi awareness product training for the use of our products from theoretical training through to practical installation. These sessions take place at our training facility at our Measham offices. Contact FSi for details on what the training entails and availability.
What information should I look for to demonstrate that a Fire Stopping product is suitable for use?
- Tested to EN1366 Part 3 or 4 as appropriate.
- A fire Classification report to EN 13501-2 as issued by a UKAS accredited fire test laboratory.
- Independently 3rd Party Accredited by an approved body.
- CE Marked to ETAG 026.
- As a minimum tested to BS476 by a UKAS accredited fire test laboratory.
- Have an “Assessment” issued by a UKAS accredited fire test laboratory.
How do I protect services with Insulation around metal pipes passing through a penetration seal?
How large an opening can I install FSi Batts in a wall or floor?
- Maximum size in a blockwork wall without any structural supports is 2880 x 1440mm (with services) 1200 x 1200mm (no services)
- Maximum size in plasterboard walls without structural supports 2400 x 1200mm.
- Maximum size without mechanical supports in a floor penetration 1600 x 700mm
How do I protect floor openings in line with best practice and provide loadbearing capability?
PU Foam should I use such products?
Is Fire stopping around combustible pipes which are less than 40 mm in diameter a requirement?
Is there Fire Rated Batt System as a “pattress” solution?
There are plastic pipes through the floors, however, there is no or limited space for the application of wraps, collars? What should be done?
- Reposition or extend the pipe such that a FSI PipeBloc® PCP collar can be fitted to the soffit of the floor beneath.
- Use a smaller diameter pipe so that a PipeBloc® PCP collar or PipeBloc® EL wrap can be fitted within the floor.
- Re-drill the hole in the floor, so that a PipeBloc® EL wrap can be fitted within the floor.
- The pipe must be boxed in by a tested fire resisting construction solution.